Wednesday 27 February 2013

Hask Argan Oil from Primark




Hi beauties, I hope your all well? Like most of you I am completely hair obsessed and I love nothing more than experimenting with new and different hair products, but to my amazement and maybe yours, I have never ever gotten my beauty mitts on any kind of hair oil. Now unless you have been living under a rock for the last year (like I have) you will know that hair oils have taken the beauty world by storm and seam to be the perfect product to make your hair feel luxurious and add gorgeous shine to your hair. I spoke to my friend and fellow beauty blogger Sarah Modern Damsel how much I was wanting to try some hair oils and when she came over to stay she was a total babe and brought over a few for me to try - Of course she brought around what has to be the most famous hair oil around 'Moroccan Oil'. Over using Moroccan Oil over the course of the weekend, needless to say I feel in love with it, but with it being on the pricey side had to wait for payday to come around until I could get me a bottle (I'm still waiting, hello payday on Friday). So when I was doing a bit of shopping in Primark the other day I noticed this little bottle of Hask Argan Oil right by the cash desk for a very cheep and cheerful £2.50, at this price it would be just rude not to pick up a bottle!

I will be honest, when I first picked this up I wasn't expecting great things but after using it on my locks for just over a week now I can say I'm pleasently surprised at just how good this hair oil is. The actual oil has a quite a thick consistency and has a lovely smell of oranges - For those of you who don't like orange scented things, the smell doesn't hang around for long, nor does it transfer onto the hair. I've been using this Argan Oil, on wet hair before I blow dry it and on second day hair after styling and it really does do an amazing job at making my hair feel soft to the touch and adding a lovely shine to my locks. I love how when you pop the oil in your hair, you really feel as though your hair is being given extra nourishment, a kind that your average conditioner just cant provide which really makes your hair more manaegable. I find that when I use this before I blow dry my hair, it seams to remove all the frizzyness out of my hair, which means I can easily avoid the hair straightners which not only saves time in the morning, but also gives me a break from adding more heat to my already damaged hair - It's the added Keratin in this oil which will keep your frizz at bay and help to strengthen your hair. 

 I only wash my hair every other day, and since I have been using this oil I've found that my second day hair feels a little more weighed down than it usually does, but not any greasier - well nothing that a bit of dry shampoo can't fix. But I would say that this Argan Oil is a little on the heavy side and if you are one who is prone to greasy hair then you may find that this oil is a little heavy on your locks, other than that this oil works perfectly. I love how soft it makes your hair feel, you know that lovely kind of soft where you just want to keep on touching your hair. I'm also loving the massive amount of extra shine it gives my hair and you really can see a noticible difference. 

As for packaging, Primark have kept it pretty simple and I've noticed that they have cleverly used the similar blue to that of Moroccan Oil. Call me a little bit of a beauty snob, but I love that Primark logo is not anywhere to be seen on this bottle and love how it stands out on your beauty shelf as a product within its own rights. For your £2.50 you get 18ml of product, and I'm finding that a little really does go a long way. With the packaging being small and concealed in this test-tube like shape, it makes this oil very handbag friendly and perfect for those of you who require any touch ups in the day. With all this rain lately, my hair is prone to getting frizzy and its fabulous having something in my handbag that can sort that frizz out immediatley.   

All in all I think for the price this is a pretty good hair all oil and would reccomend it to any beauty who is wanting to dip their toes into the world of hair oil without forking out a heavy price tag. Although I've taken a right shine to this Hask Argan Oil from Primark I'm still eager to try other oils and especially get my hands on some Moroccan Oil of my own - I would love to see how this little gem from Primark really compares and let you know how I get on. 

Have you tried this Argan Oil yet, and how do you think it compares to other hair oils out there? I would love to know your thoughts beauties.

Lot's of Love


Share:

14 comments

  1. Im glad this actually works, I keep looking at it and then putting it back.. I know it's not a lot but I need a new hair oil & I think I may be trying this!! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep doing the same and staring at it as I pay for stuff in Primark! Maybe next time I'm in there i'll pick some up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive tried loads of oils and nothing compares to morrocan oil. although, im use loreals mythic oil at the moment and that is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great review - I'm using TreSemme's Argan Oil at the moment but I'll definitely give this a try! :)
    Sarah xx

    http://sarahsbeautyemporium.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argan oil treatments are becoming popular in providing nourishment for the tresses. A lot of people have already experienced its efficiency.Pure And Organic Argan Oil

      Delete
  6. Need to give this a go! You get so little though so I do wonder if its really good value for £2.50... In the long run? Awesome for bags and travel bags though - I might pick one up :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried argan oil before but have heard lots of good things about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have never tried argan oil before but after reading your review defiantly i am will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is fantastic! I went to Primarni and they didn't have any more - I was horrified. Just found some on Amazon and bought 18 bottles - it is by far the best thing I have ever used on my hair. I bought Argan Oil from B&M Bargains, it was cheap and it smelled lovely - like baby powder, but it was so heavy and greasy. Hask Argan oil is quite light I think, and has given my har such good condition and shine - at £2.50 a go it's cheap as chips!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was on holiday in Egypt 1 year ago and somebody gave me a bottle of this to use, I love it and continue to use it. I use on towel dry hair ( my hair is long ) and I avoid the roots, my hair always gets complimented on its sleekness and shine, great tangle free hair too... some times less is more and this product is less money for more condition and shine. Thanks for your excellent review on this product. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have used this for years and it is fabulous on hair and the most amazing skin moisturiser as well, it glides on the skin and absorbs really easily and quickly great for older mature skin or dry patches quality product I also use it on my nails and that is also great to nourish and strengthen them

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig