Wednesday 16 October 2013

L'Oreal Collection Privee || The Perfect Nude


If any of you where to take a peek into my lipstick collection you would see so many beautiful brights and sassy deeper shades from berries to daring reds, however you would notice that my collection is lacking some much needed and essential nude shades. I think its fair to say that I gravitate towards these more daring colours when choosing a lipstick, but I've come to realise that sometimes you need a bit more nude in your life (or collection). I also think that nude shades are perfect for this time of year - I think the colder weather allows us to be a little more daring with our eye shadow choices and it's much more acceptable to wear a smokey eye for day wear, therefore the perfect nude is a must to accompany such a look.

I have to confess, I really struggle with picking out the right nude shades that will work best for me and suit my skin tone perfectly, no one wants to sport the manikin lips kind of look and it's probably for this reason why I usually choose a bright over a beige. However I was browsing the L'Oreal section in Boots the other weekend and the new limited edition Collection Privee Color Riche lipsticks caught my attention immediately and after swatching the entire collection I walked away with two gorgeous nude lipsticks to add to my collection.

The Collection Privee collection are a set lipsticks which have been tailor made and designed to suit every shade of skin tone, you just have to pick the one that's going to be best suited to you. To make this matching a whole lot easier each lipstick has been designed for each of the L'oreal spokeswomen, so your able to compare your own skin tone to theirs, which gives you an idea of what nude is going to work best for you. On offer here in the UK there is Eva Longoria's nude: barley golden, Doutzen Kroes' nude: barley pink, Cheryl Cole's nude: barley greige, Julianne Moore's nude: barley peach, Freida Pinto's nude: barley parma and finally Liya Kebade's nude: barely moka. If your still a little unsure L'Oreal have generated a little quiz on their website which will help you find the perfect nude for you and you can find that here, be sure to let you know which one you've been matched too. 

I really love the concept L'oreal have come up with here and after having a good swatch in Boots I came home with Eva's nude and Julianne's nude, I really wanted to take home Cheryl's too, but they only had the tester one left - clearly everyone in my town wants the same colour lips as Miss Cole. 

First of all I have to say how amazing is the packaging of these lipsticks? For a high street product I think they are so expensive looking. The casing has been made from a black matte plastic which reminds me exactly of the NARS packaging and the gold detailing really makes this lipstick look and feel the part. I also think having the signatures of each L'Oreal spokeswoman engraved on the packaging is a lovely added touch. 

Both of the lipsticks I've tried are such beautiful shades, which give plenty of hydration and leave a gorgeous glossy shine on your lips. Admittedly the colour payout of these lipsticks is a little on the sheer side, but they can be built up for a more true colour to what you see in its packaging. Having said this, I think it's the fact that these lipsticks are a little sheer makes them so versatile and makes them that perfect nude as they are so wearable and easy to apply. The lasting time of these lipsticks is also not the longest, you'll probably get around 2-3 hours wear before having to reapply, but applying these lipsticks gives me a little buzz of excitement as they are just so beautiful to look at.

Left: Eva's Nude | Right: Julianne's Nude

I love both of these shades that I picked up equally, but Julianne's nude has been my most reached for - its the most beautiful delicate pinky/peach nude (my favourite kind) and it looks great with any sort of makeup look that your going for, it's just so pretty once it's on your lips and has a touch of elegance to it. Those of you who have paler skin are going to look amazing wearing this. Eva's nude is equally a beautiful nude, but will look best for those days I've been fake tanning. This nude has a beautiful but subtle golden sheen added to it which is going to look stunning with sun kissed skin. I also think that this shade will work perfectly with those of you who darker hair.

Overall I'm in love with this collection and it has made me found a whole new love for nude lipsticks, my bold brights best make some room! If your looking for a new nude for this autumn I definitely recommend you take a look at this collection before it leaves our shelves, it is limited edition after all. If your planning on picking any of these nudes up be sure to let me know which one is your favourite and be sure to let me know which shade you were matched up with, I was paired with Eva's nude.. perfect.

Lots of Love




Share:

9 comments

  1. I was so happy when I saw this collection because like you I find it really difficult to find a perfect nude for me. The shades are lovely but the shade I guess I really should have gone for - if I was to stick to the skin tone etc would have been the Doutzen Kroes, but that didn't appeal to me at all and I just looked weird. I ended up with the Julianne Moore shade and it's a gorgeous shade! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post I was in Boots the other day and I think I swatched Julianne's Nude but I didn't get it so I might have to go back and get it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this range! I did a review on the Cheryl shade, I can't get enough of nude colours!

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great little campaign as it really helps to have a skin tone to compare to as I know I'm awful at judging what suits me best. I love the colours you chose :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like lovely lipsticks and the packaging is really pretty! Eva's Nude looks gorgeous, I'll have to swatch it next time I see it.

    Millie x
    Hidden Beauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Hun Julianne's shade looks gorgeous & the packaging is so sleek looking.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a great collection, and I agree, the packaging is GORGEOUS! <3
    Your blog is gorgeous! New follower FOR SHO!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like you, gravitate more towards bolder shades like reds. However I recently bought Eva's nude as well and I loveeee it! I just apply blush when wearing it (which I don't do with red lipstick).
    I love your blog! :)
    xo

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shades! I struggle with nudes too. I love the look of Eva's :-) The packaging looks very classy
    http://lifeinsidethelocket.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig